Sunday, May 31, 2009

16 Weeks Pregnant

I had my 16 week appointment on May 21st. The nurse came in to hear the heartbeat, and she had some issues finding it, and right away I informed her that they couldn't hear it at my 12 week appointment, and the sonographer had mentioned that my uterus was really far back and that the nurse wasn't going to be able to find it back at my 12 week appt. The nurse then said, "okay, I'll probably have to take you for a scan then." Right about that time - she got the heartbeat. Don't get me wrong, I was trilled to hear the heartbeat, but I was SO CLOSE to being able to see the peanut again.... man! :)

When Dr. Bradley came in, he asked me how I was feeling and I told him I was feeling really good, and that sometimes I felt like I wasn't even pregnant. He replied, "Oh, don't worry. At your next appointment you will definately feel pregnant!"

Our next appointment is June 18th, and that is the BIG appointment. I will have a sonogram to do all the measurements and we will find out the sex of the baby! Dirk thinks it's a girl, and I think it's a boy.

Funny story - - - Dirk and I were discussing names, and we agreed on a girl name (we are not sharing until the birth). I was in shock that we agreed so quick and told him we needed to think of boy names. He wouldn't have it. He said he knows it's a girl, and when I asked him how, he told me, "At some point, the universe will get back at me." We all know Dirk will be a great dad, and if it is a girl, she will have him wrapped around his finger. Overall, we just want a healthy baby, but I am looking forward to knowing so we can start buying stuff!

Babies heartrate - 157 bpm

No comments:

Post a Comment