Monday, June 1, 2009

18 Weeks and Counting

Well, we are officially 18 weeks (and 3 days) pregnant. I have been having more pregnancy "feelings" including growing hair like a monkey in areas I shouldn't be getting hair. Dirk thinks it's pretty funny, and he likes to point it out. Did you know it's common to get hair going from your belly button down in a strip? Yeah, talk about making one feel GREAT! ha! I have also been having a feeling that from my belly button down, I am stretching out, especially in the hips and back. Speaking of my back - I can't get comfy at night for a long time. When I get out of bed to either use the bathroom (at least 2 times a night) or for the day, it may take me a good 10 minutes to get stretched out and not ache. I ordered one of those pregnancy pillows. I hope to get it this week! Hopefully that will help! All in all, I wouldn't change anything. I am very anxious to feel the little kicks from this kiddo! I keep reading and hearing that it it's common for the first sensations to feel like butterflies, but I can get those in a heartbeat when I think of something that makes me anxious or nervous. 2 1/2 more weeks until my next appointment!

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up! Isn't pregnancy fun?? All the changes, and don't worry, your body will never be the same (but for a very good reason!!)!! Love ya! emily :)

    ReplyDelete