Monday, September 28, 2009

1 Centimeter Down... 9 to go!

Today I went for my 35 week appointment. I had to have non-stress test which is where they hook me up to two monitors. One is to watch the baby's heartbeat, and the other is to see if I'm having contractions. Big Foot passed the non-stress test with flying colors! The doctor said he looked "awesome" on the monitor. After the test, I then had my first check to see if I'm dilating, etc. Today I saw Dr. Hall, one of the other doctors at SOGA, and she was great. More than likely Dr. Bradley won't deliver me, so I don't mind meeting the other doctors at these appointments. Anyway, when Dr. Hall checked me, she said I am 1 centimeter, and 40% effaced!!!! Of course, I could be 1 cm for weeks, but it feels good to know things "down there" are doing what they are suppose to! I have been having mild cramping, and Dr. Hall said that was good! She also said at this point if I went into labor, they would let me go and deliver! I CANNOT BELIEVE IT! After my appointment, I went and got a pedicure (last one before the big event), and did some shopping. I finally feel we have everything we need for this little guy to arrive!

My next appointment is Tuesday, October 6th - and they will do another fetal growth sonogram to check Big Foot's size again.

No comments:

Post a Comment