Tuesday, September 22, 2009

34 Weeks/4 days - and weekly appointments!

I had my 34 week appointment today with Dr. Bradley and they did a fetal growth ultrasound on Big Foot to see how big he is, and to make sure he is breathing like he should and to check some other movements. Because I have been diagnosed with gestational diabetes, I will have either an ultrasound or a non-stress test every week until I deliver. My diabetes have been completely under control, no issues - just annoying.

So here is what I learned:
1. They measure the femur, stomach, and head to get a weight for the baby. The femur and stomach were exactly where he should be for how far along I am in the pregnancy. The head measurement was about 1 1/2 weeks ahead of schedule - BUT - Dr. Bradley doesn't think the picture was a good one and didn't think that was right. The baby's head is very low (thankful he's not breach!), and it was hard for the sonographer to get a good picture. Even if the measurement is right, it is not uncommon for the head to be measuring bigger at this point.

2. With the measurements they took, it looks like the baby is about 6 pounds - but this could be up to a pound heavier than he actually is. Dr. Bradley does not think he is quite that big - he's thinking 5.5 pounds.

3. Dr. Bradley said that with the gestational diabetes, they are more concerned with the baby's stomach size than anything else at this point, and Big Foot's stomach size was perfect!

4. As I stated earlier, the head is LOW! And trust me, my bladder is feelin' it! ha! Just so glad he's not breach.

5. Big Foot's heartrate was 143.

6. Big Foot has hair (or at least sprouts!)!! I will post a picture of this later.

7. When Dr. Bradley measured my belly, he said I'm measuring perfect - right under 35 weeks!

8. We have less than 40 days left!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment