Friday, September 18, 2009

34 WEEKS!

Holy Cow! 34 WEEKS! Hmmm.... interesting... scary.... exciting.... getting close!

I cannot believe I am 34 weeks. That is just crazy! Dirk and I had our last baby class Wednesday night, and on our way home, I mentioned that we should probably start getting the final things done around the house, get some clothes for Big Foot washed, and get a bag packed. His response was, "yeah, I kind of thought that too after that class." :) I think about what I need to do and I get excited and worn out in the same 10 minutes. I will start doing some of the "final" things around here, but as I look at my calendar, September is super busy until the end, including with school stuff! I did start working on stuff for my maternity leave, but I will probably be working on that up to the day I'm in the hospital! So much to say, so much to do, so much to get ready for my leave!

As I mentioned, Dirk and I had our last class this week. I am going to a breastfeeding class October 3rd, but I'm not making Dirk go with me. It's on a Saturday, and if he is at all able to do field work, etc. - he needs to be doing it!

I go back to the doctor on Tuesday! At that appointment, I will have a fetal growth ultrasound to see how big our son is getting! I'm looking forward to that!

I continue to feel good overall. I did have a trip to Labor/Delivery this past Sunday with a UTI. I went to the ER (after calling my on-call doctor from SOGA), and they sent me up to L&D because of the pregnancy. It is standard with pregnant women to go up to be monitored. The baby was moving a lot and did not want to be monitored at first :) and I was not contracting, so I was sent home with antibiotics. Later in the evening, I started with severe back pain. It was not coming and going, it was constant. I once again called the on-call dr. and she said the infection had probably gotten up to my right kidney. She told me to push the fluids and give the medicine time to work, so I did. I feel so much better now! Other than that little trip, I feel good. I'm starting to slow down a little bit and taking more breaks.

Can't wait to meet our little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment