Monday, January 18, 2010

12 Weeks – and getting big!

Devin turned 12 weeks this past Friday!  Crazy!!!  This past week has been busy and fun!  On Wednesday, we went to meet Jaelyn, the new addition to our friend’s family – Tim and Kristin Leesman.  She was born January 9 – and is adorable - - and SO TINY!  Devin looked like a moose compared to her!  Unfortunately, the babies fell asleep before we could get pictures, but I believe we’ll be going back up next weekend – so we’ll have to get pictures then. 

IMG_4445

Devin has started going to his side like he’s getting ready to roll over!  I am so not ready for this milestone!  He continues to smile, and has even started laughing a little.  When he is playing on the floor, he kicks and kicks like you wouldn’t believe! 

IMG_4412

We also had another biggy for mommy this week… we moved Devin from the bassinet in our room to his crib!  The first night was Friday, and he did great!  Mommy - - - not so much!  I finally went to sleep around midnight.  When he finally woke up around 5:30, he had scooted himself all the way down and his feet were touching the edge of the crib, and his knees were up!  I was told about this movement sensor called an Angel Movement Monitor that detects movement and breathing of babies, and if there is no detected movement for 20 seconds, an alarm goes off.  A friend told me about it, and I am so glad I got it.  The alarm actually went off two times Friday night.  There is a sensitivity setting, and while I was in his room after the alarm went off the second time, I realized he WAS breathing, but the monitor wasn’t picking it up, so I adjusted the sensitivity and all was good!  It eases my heart to not have to worry about SIDS when he is sleeping at night. 

IMG_4496

As much as I would like to slow down time with Devin, we are so fortunate to have such a wonderful, happy, healthy baby.  He amazes both of us everyday, and brings smiles to our faces just by looking at him.  I have become quite the picture taking psycho mom this weekend… so please go to http://picasaweb.google.com/ashleyaper to see all the pictures.  Check back often as I will post new ones as often as possible!  

IMG_4531

No comments:

Post a Comment