Wednesday, January 27, 2010

3 Months and a Kidney Specialist!

This past Saturday was a big day for Baby Devin… he turned 3 months!  We can’t believe it!!  We also had a long day Saturday as we went up to Peoria to visit with some friends, and then headed to Elkhart to help my grandpa celebrate his 80th birthday!  We had a great time at both places, and Devin did great as well.  We were also excited as my sister (Traci) announced to the family that she is pregnant with number 4!!!!  She told me earlier, and boy - - I am glad she didn’t wait to tell the rest of the family as I hate keeping secrets!  ha!  Anyway, we are excited that Devin will have a cousin close in age, and that there will be another baby in our family!  Traci is due in September! 

IMG_4520

Today, (1/27/10) Dirk and I took Devin down to St. Louis Children’s Hospital to see a kidney specialist.  For those of you who didn’t know, Devin was born with hydronephrosis (fluid on the kidney).  He had it rechecked when he was a month old, and he still had it, so they referred us.  All I can say is that STL Children’s Hospital is AMAZING!  Everything is kid friendly and it was just awesome!  The doctors, nurses, and staff were also great! Devin also did wonderful.  He slept the whole day down, the whole way home, and flirted with the nurses and doctors when we were there.  He is weighing in at a whopping 15 pounds, 12 ounces, and is 26 inches long!  Yes – he’s our big boy!  As far as the hydronephrosis, we are suppose to monitor it with ultrasounds every 6 months, and if it gets worse, we will take the next step – which would require more testing and possibly surgery.  I’m not worried about this (surprisingly),  and we will just take it as it comes.  The doctors didn’t seem worried, and said Devin looked great, and were impressed with how happy he was, and how responsive he was.  I know he’s perfect! 

IMG_4512

Work continues to be work.  Don’t get me wrong, I love my job - - - but I miss my little guy.  There are tons of pictures of him at work, and I hung some on my door so everyone can see them when they walk past.  I’ve had so many teachers tell me every time they look at his smiling face, they cheer up and smile themselves.  One teacher told me if she’s in a bad mood, she’ll just look at his pictures on my door, and it’s all better.  :)

IMG_4531

Speaking of pictures…. I have taken tons – and will continue to.  I’m not too proud to admit that I’m a picture taking psycho mom.  I was nursing Devin the other day and counted the number of framed pictures in our living room… the grand total?  21!!!!  Oh well!  He’s too cute not to have everywhere! 

IMG_4550

No comments:

Post a Comment