Sunday, May 31, 2009

We're Pregnant!




Okay, so really... are you surprised? We announced we were pregnant back in March, but it had to be a post - right? Afterall, pregnancy is the main reason I'm doing this blog - and for when he/she arrives. I took my (first) pregnancy test on Sunday, February 22 after having a sore chest area (boobs) for about 4 days. I didn't really think I was pregnant, I just figured I would KNOW when I was. ha! So, I had been at my sister's (Michelle) house all day, came home and was relaxing and remembered I had a test in our bathroom that is connected to our bedroom. I peed on the little stick, and BAM! That sucker turned positive QUICK! I came back to the living room where Dirk was on the couch and he told me to come and sit so we could watch t.v. I stood there, mouth covered, and said, "I'm pregnant". I believe his response was, "huh?" I then drug Dirk (yes - I was pulling his arm) up to the bathroom for him to make sure I was reading the test right. I was, and we were in shock. So much for our "plan" which was to wait another month so the due date would be out of harvest. We just feel so lucky to be able to get pregnant so quick, and it has been a pretty smooth ride so far.


By the way, the picture up top is my first pregnancy test (I took 4 over the course of 3 days). Some people think I'm crazy for taking pictures of them, but I am a scrapbooker, and how could I not scrapbook the test? Come on now!

No comments:

Post a Comment