Saturday, June 13, 2009

20 Weeks! & My Sister is HOME!

Last night my mom, Steve, Justin and Michelle all got home from Mexico. Michelle had gone for a stem cell treatment. What a huge relief to have all my family home! Dirk and I went to see them and the kids last night. I so missed Michelle's smile, dimples, and sense of life. She looks great, and I look forward to hearing more stories over the upcoming weeks.

EXCITING NEWS (regarding baby)... I have felt the baby! I have felt it about 4 times now. At first, I wasn't sure - but the more I feel it, the more I'm pretty sure it's our little one. It is like a "roll" going through part of my belly. AMAZING! The other night Dirk and I were in bed and I felt it and of course told Dirk. He then put his hand out by my belly and I asked him what he was doing. He responded, "waiting for a high-five!" I laughed (of course). My only complaint is that I wish it happened more often. Oh - and I can't wait for the time in which Dirk will be able to feel it when he touches my belly!

So far, the consensus is that I'm having a boy. We will find out soon! Just 5 more days! The closer it gets, the more excited I get! It will be great being able to refer to the baby as "him" or "her" instead of "it"! We don't care one way what it is. I imagine when we're at the appt I will be a nervous nelly about the measurements and making sure the baby is okay.

2 comments:

  1. Sooo happy for you guys! Can't wait to find out if its a he or a she!!!! I suggest that right after you find out, you and Dirk go shopping and you each get to pick out one outfit. Thats what Justin and I did and it was soooo fun!
    -Julie M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea! I imagine after we find out, it is going to be shopping galore! - Ash

    ReplyDelete