Friday, June 19, 2009

It's a BOY!!!


Dirk and I had a very eventful Thursday, June 18th! We were awakened by the thunderstorm that rolled through Logan County (and the midwest) with VERY strong winds and tons of lightning. Dirk jumped out of bed to start unplugging stuff and he witnessed a part of one of our trees blowing down and knocking down a pole that had our meter box on it for cilco. Here we go again.... we tend to be right in the path of power outages. SO - Dirk called Cilco and to make a long story short, we were responsible for replacing the pole since it was our property (huh? yeah - that's right). Luckily, I have an amazing uncle who has what he calls "toys" and he had what we needed and he brought his crew out to put up the pole so we could at least run our generator.

So, as you can imagine a pregnant woman looking forward to the "big" appointment, I was concerned about Dirk not being able to go to the appointment with me. Well, luckily, he did!

The sonogram took about 30 minutes, and we still aren't done. The sonographer was unable to get a good look at a few things because our little one was moving so much! She tried and tried on my full bladder, but wasn't able to get what she needed for part of it. So, I have to have another sonogram next time (in 4 weeks), which - I just hate because I get to see the baby (JUST KIDDING!). We were almost ready to call it quits on finding the gender because "it" had "its" legs crossed! But finally, he made it known what HE was! It was almost like he was playing peek-a-boo with his penis! ha!

We are SO EXCITED! I look so forward to buying John Deere stuff, and hats, and bib overalls, and other boy stuff! And I look forward to having a little Dirk (well, at least for the most part!). Dirk will be a GREAT father to this baby, and hopefully, our future children. For those of you wondering about the name.... we don't have one picked out yet - and once we do, we aren't announcing it until our SON arrives! We're throwing around a few, but it's hard with me being a teacher and having A LOT of names that are "no no's" because of students I've had! ha! As of now, a lot of our friends are referring the the baby as "Dandy 2.0" because Dirk is sometimes known as "The Dandy".


1 comment: