Monday, June 22, 2009

"You Have Puppets too!"


Okay, in order to understand the title of this post, I have to back up a bit. As most of you know, I have 5 nieces/nephews between my two sisters. Dirk's brother also has a daughter, but this story is because of my sister's kids.

Basically, with my sister's kids, my sisters referred to their boobs as "pumps" when breastfeeding. I don't know where my sisters have come up with some of their "terms", but boobs had a new term for the breastfeeding purpose.

This past weekend, Traci, Michelle, and I were talking and Traci was telling me the story of when Nora (Michelle's 2 1/2 year old) recently noticed Traci had "pumps" too, not just mommy. ONLY - Nora refers to them as "puppets"! Traci was confused, looked at Michelle as she started laughing, and luckily Michelle told Traci what she meant.

Yesterday, I was at Michelle's, and Nora was on my lap, and she brushed my "pump", and stopped and said, "Well, Aunt Ash - you have a puppet too!". She then touched my other boob, and said, "oh, and there is your other puppet".

The things we learn, the things we hear, the things we'll never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment