Sunday, July 12, 2009

24 Weeks (and 2 days - but who's counting?)

It never ceases to amaze me how much a woman's body changes and morphasizes (is that a word?) when she is pregnant. Good grief! My good news is that I am able to breath easier. I don't know if I was having difficulty from the weather or from the baby's position, but it's so much better now. Although I am breathing better, I am having more difficulty sleeping. Some nights it's because I have to go to the bathroom every two hours, some nights it's because I can't get comfy, and then the other nights - I just can't sleep! I know that is only going to get worse - especially with Dandy 2.0 arrives, so I'm enjoying the sleep I do get now!

My sisters and friend, Melinda, are planning my baby shower (August 1), and I am so excited! I know it's a little early for a shower, but I really wanted to get it done (as well as the nursery) before I go back to work in August. September is already setting up to be a busy one between a wedding, pre-natal classes, and the ALS Walk. Plus, I will be preparing to be gone on my maternity leave. I can't wait to see my family and friends at the shower! I so appreciate my sisters and Melinda for doing this for me!

Dirk and I are looking at a few "mini" trips this summer. We're planning on going down to a Cards game with a couple of friends later this month, and then we want to catch a Kansas City Chiefs pre-season game in August. We would like to go to a regular season game, but with the baby coming, not knowing for sure when, and work - that just isn't going to work this year.

Well, I go back to the doctor Thursday. They are going to have to finish the anatomy scan of the little one (or big one - depends on how you look at it!), since he was moving too much at our last scan. Oh darn - I get to see my son again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment