Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Nursery


Well, can I just let you all know how lucky I am? I finished painting the nursery last week, and was anxious to get the border up (as you can imagine). So, my mom and stepdad came this past Monday evening to help Dirk and I hang it. I LOVE IT! We are so lucky to have family/friends who are willing to help us out with things like this. I have some touching up to do, which won't be a biggy, and then we wait for the furniture to come in! I can't wait to get the crib and dresser set up, get the wall decorations up, and get the bedding on the crib! Oh, I am so excited! DJ's closet is getting more and more clothes in it, and I was at Traci's with her and Michelle yesterday afternoon and got a basket of baby toys. It's so amazing to think the little Big Foot will be here in 3 months!


One thing I've really started thinking about is that as anxious as I am to meet this little guy, I really enjoy him being safe in my belly, and having him all to myself for the time being. In the big scheme of things, 9 months just isn't that long! Sure, at times I feel like he'll never be here, but it's flown by and I'm trying to enjoy everyday and every movement from DJ that I can. By the way, DJ is not the baby's name - I just use it for "Dirk Junior".

1 comment:

  1. Ashley, I understand exactly what you are saying. I loved being pregnant and the time did go by so fast. Enjoy the time. Also, I love his walls...the nursery is going to be beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete