The past week (more like week and a half) have been very busy. I'm a list maker, so here I go....
1. Dirk and I took a weekend trip a couple of weeks ago and went to Chicago. We spent time with Dirk's aunt and uncle, and also with some friends. We had a really good time, and I even went to the Carter's Outlet in Bollingbrook! Fun stuff!!
2. My baby shower was this past Saturday. My sisters and friend Melinda were nice enough to host it for me and it was great. I had a great time seeing many different family and friends and really enjoyed myself. DJ got a lot of cute and useful stuff. I came home a little uneasy as I the realization that I'm going to be a mommy began to scare me a little.... but Dirk helped me through it, and I'm doing better now! Maybe it's my hormones?
3. I am almost done with the nursery! We picked up our crib and dresser a couple of weeks ago and got it set up last week. I still need to do some touch up painting, and some other smaller things, but overall - it's done. I'm so excited with the way it turned out!
4. My "bummer" news is that I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes.... ick! I had my 3 hour glucose test this past Friday and got the results yesterday. I then went and saw a diabetes doctor (can't spell what the actual term is for his specialty). My numbers weren't terrible, and if one of my numbers had been 4 points lower, I would have passed it. All in all, it's going to be challenging, but I would rather be monitoring it than having barely passed it and put DJ at any risk. The first thing the nurse practitioner said when she walked in was that if I were to have any "complications" from pregnancy, this is the one to have because I do have control over it and it is something that can be treated. The diagnosis is emotional in itself because I kind of feel like a failure, but I'm coming to realize it's just the way it is, I'm not alone, and it's for the betterment of DJ.
5. I go back to work the 19th! And I am SO not ready! The thought of having to set an alarm every morning makes me sick. I know - I'm getting NO sympathy from you non-educators! I am looking forward to seeing my fellow teachers, being with the kids, and I know it will make time fly until I deliver - but I'm not sure I want it to go by much faster... still a lot I want to get done.
6. Well, that's it for now.... more later!
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment