Sunday, August 16, 2009

Kansas City Chiefs and 29 Weeks Prego!!!!


For those of you who didn't already know, Dirk has been a huge Kansas City fan since the early 90's - before me. We went to St. Louis a few years ago when KC was there (my first professional football game), and last December we went on a mini-1st-Anniversary trip to KC to watch a game at Arrowhead Stadium. We both really enjoyed it, even though it was the third coldest day in KC home game history! I spent the last quarter and half sitting on the women's restroom floor (only heated place in the building), and yet - I loved my time there. I loved the fact that Dirk hadn't been to Arrowhead yet, and I got to share in his excitement when we went. We had a great time, spending a night in Columbia, MO and two in KC.


Anyway... Dirk and I had decided back in December that we really wanted to make it to KC for at least one game each season. So, earlier this summer, Dirk started looking at schedules to see when we could go, and it ended up that the only time we would be able to go would be to a preseason game this weekend. I didn't want to take time off work, plus, once I do go back to work, time will fly and I don't think I'll feel comfortable going that far away from home that far along in my prenancy.


So, Dirk and I hit the road Friday for our (last) weekend get-a-way before DJ/Big Foot arrives. We got to KC around 4 on Friday, went out to a nice dinner, and then sat in the lobby for awhile. "Why?" you may ask... well - the KC team was staying at our hotel! We saw many players including L. Johnson, Cox, D. Johnson, and many others. It was neat to see them so close, and there was a kid there getting autographs. I ended up giving him a pad of paper I had in my purse because he ran out of paper. :)


Saturday we went shopping - and I over did it a bit. I was ready to go back to the hotel and rest - which is what we did Saturday afternoon. We relaxed, ordered room service, watched a movie, and just hung out. Saturday night was filled with KANSAS CITY FOOTBALL!!!! Arrowhead Stadium is in the midst of rennovations, and it was neat to see what has been done since December. The game was.... wet.... It rained almost the whole time! Dirk and I got soaking wet! So, imagine this... a soaking wet, 7 month pregnant woman, sitting on the floor in the lobby... yeah - that's right! It was okay - I loved our time together and seeing another football game. Unfortunately, KC lost - but gave it a good run at the end. So, between freezing cold weather in December, and downpours in August - Dirk and I are hoping third times a charm! ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment