Saturday, October 17, 2009

38 Weeks!

Last Tuesday I went back to Dr. Bradley and had a non-stress test (NST) to make sure the baby is still doing well. Dr. Bradley came into the room after the test and said that Big Foot passed "with flying colors"! He was active, his heartrate showed exactly what they wanted to see, and he was doing very well! Dr. Bradley checked to see if I had dilated anymore, and that was a big fat "no". He said my cervix is really thin, which isn't uncommon for it to be thin without dilation at this point.

I go back this week, and at that point, Dr. Bradley and I will talk about my options. I will have another ultrasound to check the size of the baby, and depending on his size, we will discuss induction, c-section, or waiting a few more days. C-section has been brough up because of the fact that I have the gest. diabetes, and in gest diabetic mothers, the babies tend to have wider shoulders. SO - if the baby measures so big (around 9 pounds), it is the policy of the hospital (or SOGA - not sure which), that it is an automatic c-section for gest diabetic mothers. I have come to be okay with this. I don't WANT a c-section, but at the same time, I just want a healthy baby, and if he were to get stuck in the birth canal because of his shoulders, we would have an emergency c-section, and we don't want that - of course!

Dirk has continued to be VERY supportive throughout the whole process. He is probably just as sick and tired of me being pregnant as I am, but he continues to listen, rub my lower back, and does "favors" for me! :) My sisters and my mom have - of course - also been supportive and have helped me keep my sanity! What would I do without them??? Luckily, with as close as we are - NOTHING is too personal. :) Part of me wants to move all three of them into our house after Big Foot arrives to live with me, give me pointers, and just to be here when I know I will be hormonal and emotional - ha!

1 comment:

  1. Hope all is going well, we are thinking of you and getting excited! He will be here soon :)
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete