Sunday, November 22, 2009

4 Weeks Old



It's been awhile since I posted anything, so I thought I'd do a quick post while Devin is sleeping. Devin turned 4 weeks this past Friday, and we can't believe it's already been 4 weeks! Devin is getting long, and has put on some weight, and is just a cutie! He nurses quite frequently, and at times it really wears me down, but I want to stick with it. I do enjoy breastfeeding, and Devin has gotten better at taking a bottle too, which is a relief! Devin started smiling last week. Dirk and I THINK it was because of us, and not gas - but we could be wrong. He dreams all the time! We've gotten use to his squeeks and noises and are getting better about knowing what is what. I had to leave Devin for the first time last Thursday for a conference. It was so hard, but what a relief to know my mom was caring for him. She's pretty use to having little ones again with all my sisters' kids! I believe Michelle held Devin most of the afternoon, and I'm glad they got that time together. Michelle gets a huge smile on her face when she sees him... well - most people do!! He's a sweetie - that's for sure!

Devin took his first bath in his bathtub last night. At first he was not having it, but once he got in the water - he just laid there. It was adorable.

Well, the little guy is waking up! Motherhood is challenging, yet I love it, and can't imagine our life without him. Dirk and I are VERY blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment