Saturday, November 28, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!


Well, Devin successfully had his first Thanksgiving! We spent a lot of time with Dirk's family on Thanksgiving, and had a good time - although I did miss my family a great deal. Devin did great when it came to being passed around, and although we came home a little early in the evening, he was a trooper!

Yesterday, we had a couple of visitors - - - my good friends, Abby and Amanda. It was great seeing them, talking, and just catching up. They both thought Devin was pretty cute, and I agreed with them! :) They both have kids of their own (Abby has a son, and Amanda has two sons and a daughter), and it was great to get their ideas on a few things and to just share stories. Although I don't get to see them often, when I do, it is like we never had time apart.

Tomorrow, we have another Thanksgiving with my sisters, their families, and my dad/stepmom. I'm not sure if Dirk will be able to go as he is in the field today. As much as I want him there, I know it is part of the "job" and, especially this year - if he can be in the field - he needs to be!

Devin has started smiling more, and above is a picture I caught of a half smile. He amazes me, and I love him so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment