Friday, December 11, 2009

7 Weeks Old!



WOW! Devin is 7 weeks old today! I can't believe it! Although 7 weeks doesn't sound like a long time, I can't imagine life without him. He is growing like a weed, putting weight on, smiling, cooing, passing gas (all the time), and burping like a man!

I remember thinking before Devin was born all the "stuff" I was going to get done while I was on maternity leave. Hmmmm.... what happened to that list? I find my days involve changing diapers, nursing my beautiful boy, and rocking him to sleep. I also can't believe how much more laundry I have. I mean - good grief - his clothes aren't that big - but they sure add up! Sure - there are times when he's sleeping I could lay him down and I don't (but I do lay him down more tha you'd think!) - but I don't want to look back and miss out on holding my little boy while he doesn't have a choice but to cuddle with mommy! :)

It doesn't quite feel like Christmas time to us here in the Aper house. We don't have our tree up yet - but will! I think the fact that Dirk is still picking corn has something to do with the holidays being "delayed" in our house. Don't get me wrong, we are looking forward to celebrating the holidays with our little miracle. He never ceases to amaze us....

No comments:

Post a Comment